H2O SHH-IL-SN Inline Filter For Hand Held (HH) Shower Head.
Did you know those relaxing, hot showers or baths you love to take may be hazardous to your health?
Many people believe if they don’t drink unfiltered tap water they are safe from the toxic chlorine. Unfortunately people still absorb chlorine when they bathe, shower, or use public chlorinated pools or jacuzzis.
Did you know that two-thirds of the chlorine taken into the average person’s body comes from taking hot showers? During a shower heat opens the pores allowing water to be absorbed through skin, with it chlorine enters the body. The steam you breathe in while showering can contain up to 50 times the amount of chlorine (and other contaminants) than the water coming out of the tap.
This inline filter removes chlorine from water and helps to prevent soap scum build up, making this a perfect addition to your shower ritual.
Lead-free, tough construction design is maintenance-free and lasting. It can be fitted to all standard handheld showers.
- Removes up to 99% of harmful chlorine from shower water.
- Removes odor and traces of iron oxide and hydrogen sulphide.
- Controls scale, bacteria and alge.
- Reduces water-soluble heavy metals.
- Helps prevent soap scum buildup.
- Helps protect your health and sensitive skin, hair from harmful chemicals.
- Prevents adults from absorbing 40% of chlorine through skin or through inhaling during showers.
- Prevents children from absorbing 60% of chlorine through skin or through inhaling during bath time.
- Exceeds NSF Standard 177 for chlorine removal.
- This shower filter easily connects to SHH-CP-8 handheld shower unit or to any standard shower head in seconds.
- Fits all standard hand held shower units.
- Uses 100% KDF-55 media.
- Easy to install and replace cartridge with a three-quarter turn feature.
- Includes the initial IL-FILTER chlorine-removing filter.
- Comes in lead-free Satin Nickel and Chrome colors.
- Replaceable cartridge lasts 6-9 months.
- 1 Cartridge included.
- Easy cartridge replacement requires no tools.
- Tough construction design is maintenance-free and lasting.
- Max capacity: 7,500 gallons (28,391 liters).
- Max flow: 2.5 gpm (9.5 lpm)
- Weight 3 lbs
8 x 3.5 x 2.8 inches
ABOUT KDF 55
KDF 55 Media is unparalleled in Chlorine removal and heavy metal reduction. Listed as a microbial device by the EPA for its outstanding bacteria control, KDF is bacteriostatic.
KDF 55 Media is used in chlorine removal applications in conjunction with granular activated carbon. KDF 55 strips the chlorine from the water before the water contacts the carbon. The carbon, not being burdened with the job of chlorine removal is then free to perform higher level carbon filtration. Such as removal of chemical contaminants including Volatile Organic Chemical (VOC's) and Trihalomethanes (THM's).
Using KDF 55 in conjunction with granular activated carbon extends the life of the media bed significantly over using carbon alone. That means longer service runs before replacement of the media is required.