LifeSaver Jerrycan - UF Cartridge Replacements
A replacement ultra filtration UF cartridge for your LifeSaver Jerrycan. This cartridge will filter 10,000 litres/2,650 or 20,000litres/5,300 US gallons of water and removes viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites. This cartridge can be fitted to either the LifeSaver Jerrycan 10000UF or 20000UF carcass.
This cartridge is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years.
Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
- Tested by Independent Test House to meet adaption of NSF Protocol 231
- Includes Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use – FILL with water. PUMP the jerrycan. DRINK clean water.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 10,000UF cartridge
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 20,000UF cartridge
|DIMENSIONS||45 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm|
The LifeSaver Jerrycan cartridge is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
NSF/ANSI standard microbial removal claims are 99.9999% or greater for bacteria, 99.99% or greater for virus, and 99.9% or greater for parasite cysts.
|VIRUS REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 4)|
|BACTERIA REDUCTION*||> 99.9999% (Log 6)|
|CYST REDUCTION*||> 99.9% (Log 3)|
|FILTER MEDIA||Ultra Filtration (UF)|
|CHEMICAL REDUCTION||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water|
|ALUMINIUM BARRIER FOIL||Water Vapour Transition Rate (W.V.T.R): <0.01 gm/m2/24hr|
|DRY WEIGHT||3.9 kg/137 oz|
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**||10,000 litres/2,641 US gallons|
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**||3 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)|
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY||18.5 litres/4.9 US gallons|
* Tested by BCS laboratories issued 9/02/16 based on an adaption of NSF/ANSI P231 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the bottle and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.