LIFESAVER Ultimate Emergency Preparedness Pack
LIFESAVER Family Emergency Preparedness Pack
In the event of a emergency situation this ultimate emergency preparedness pack will provide you and your family or community group with enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event.
This pack is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years.
Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
This pack contains a robust and portable water filter and additional cartridges capable of filtering 60,000 litres/15,850 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. The pack also includes activated carbon filters which improve the palatability of the water by removing chlorine, taste and odour.
- Tested by Independent Test House to meet adaption of NSF Protocol 231
- Includes Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use – FILL with water. PUMP the jerrycan. DRINK clean water.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF
- 2 x 20000UF cartridges
- 60 x activated carbon filters (to filter 30,000 litres/7,925 US gallons of water) – each carbon will process 500 litres before a replacement is recommended)
- LifeSaver shower attachment
- LifeSaver maintenance pack (protective flush cap, o-rings, pump seal and silicone grease)
- LifeSaver Jerrycan replacement pump
Please note, the LifeSaver Jerrycan, replacement cartridges and the activated carbon filters are foil wrapped due to their shelf life. All other components are packaged within sealed polythene tubing.
The LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
NSF/ANSI standard microbial removal claims are 99.9999% or greater for bacteria, 99.99% or greater for virus, and 99.9% or greater for parasite cysts.
|VIRUS REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 4)|
|BACTERIA REDUCTION*||> 99.9999% (Log 6)|
|CYST REDUCTION*||> 99.9% (Log 3)|
|FILTER MEDIA||Ultra Filtration (UF)|
|CHEMICAL REDUCTION||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water|
|ALUMINIUM BARRIER FOIL||Water Vapour Transition Rate (W.V.T.R): <0.01 gm/m2/24hr|
|DRY WEIGHT||3.9 kg/137 oz|
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**||20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons|
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**||4 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)|
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY||18.5 litres/4.9 US gallons|
* Tested by BCS laboratories issued 9/02/16 based on an adaption of NSF/ANSI P231 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.