According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 3.5 million people die each year as the result of water related illnesses. The majority of the diseases and illnesses that make this the leading cause of transmission of death causing diseases are attributed to contamination by raw sewage. One of the best ways that you can insure the quality of the water that is consumed is by treating it at the point of consumption with water filtration methods such as reverse osmosis.
There are many different illnesses and diseases that can easily and cost effectively be dealt with using a proper reverse osmosis filtration system. These illnesses include diarrhea, cholera, typhoid fever, hepatitis A, E. coli, and dysentery. Preventing illness through water filtration and purification will allow people to not only have access to clean pure drinking water but also pure water for proper hygiene, cooking, and sanitation. Here is a list of some of the top water diseases that could easily be eliminated or reduced using a reverse osmosis filtration system.
- The most prolific water related disease.
- Affects mostly children under the age of 5, which often results in death
- Spreads through infected drinking water or food that has been contaminated during preparation
- Can last up to 2 weeks and decimate a personâ€™s health through dehydration
- Symptoms include dizziness, loss of consciousness, severe dehydration, pale skin, and no urination
- Affects 3-5 million people each year, resulting in about 150,000 deaths worldwide
- Can be identified through clear vomit and diarrhea
- Has been known to result in death within a few hours if treatment is not sought
- Caused by Vibrio Cholerae bacterium
- Has been all but eradicated in developed societies that have access to clean pure water
- Affects millions of people and results in about 200,000 deaths each year
- Bacterial disease that is transmitted by ingestion of food or water that was contaminated by feces
- Symptoms can take up to 1 or 2 weeks to be fully present
- If caught early can be treated in over 99% of cases
- Affects about 1.5 million people each year and can easily be prevented with access to clean water or water purification methods.
- Transmitted through contact of food or water with an infected person
- Is one of the most common causes of food poisoning
- Can take weeks or months to fully recover but most cases are not fatal
E. coli (Escherichia coli)
- Most strains are harmless but a few related to illness that can be fatal
- Strains of E. coli are often used as markers for water contamination
- Incubation period of 3-4 days and regular range for illness 1-10 days
- 5-10% of people that contract illness develop life threatening hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)
- Symptoms include severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, fever (usually less than 101F)
Most of the top water diseases are caused by lack of access to clean water or contaminated drinking water. Using a reverse osmosis filtration unit to purify the water at the point of use is one of the most comprehensive and cost effective ways to prevent water borne illnesses. Protecting yourself and your family from these water diseases through use of a reverse osmosis membrane will result in a peace of mind resulting from their effective purification of the water. Finding the lowest wholesale prices on RO systems is the best way to ensure that you are protected at the lowest possible cost.